Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Still.



"When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm.
Father you are King over the flood,
I will be still and know you are God."

I'm still amazed when I can close my eyes and sing these words, with small Filipino children all around me. Some are goofing off, and some are fighting. Others are wandering around wondering, "when can we eat?", and still more are simply watching all these volunteers with their arms raised in the air, singing. I get lazy in describing the wonder of daily life here... and for that I really should apologize. I get lazy because I've grown accustomed to the sights, smells, and sounds. I can't exactly appreciate what it feels like to be 'outside the loop'. That is, I admit, one area in which I need work and growth.

Bagong Silang today was wonderful. The praise and worship was fun, then I handed my camera off to Jonell (he's a much better photographer than I am), and Milet and I went to her home. Her dog Mucho and I don't get along very well. Mostly I scold him as he tries his hardest to maul me. Certainly if it weren't for Milet holding him back, I'd have scars from that very protective dog. We hung out briefly at her place, then got back to the ministry just in time to hear the children's story.

Back at the church we had dinner, watched part of Captain America (pirated of course- it's still playing in the cinema) and I uploaded todays photos to facebook.

My classes are going well, and in my cell group we're brainstorming ways to fundraise for our mission trip. The original plan was to do a one week children's outreach in Thailand, but it's looking now like we might be going to Vietnam instead. The price would be about the same either way, and to be honest, the amount we need to come up with individually is about 300 dollars, and it's really an overwhelming amount. Coming from a very blessed nation, 300 is a lot, but not impossible. But here, it's really difficult to imagine where 300 dollars is going to come from- especially when a hundred dollars is considered a small fortune. However, all things are possible through God, so we are really holding onto faith that this trip will happen, and that we'll all be able to raise up the money necessary.

Now it's 10:30pm and I have some clothes to finish washing. Adieu and God bless!

Angela.

No comments:

Post a Comment