Monday, June 6, 2011

You're looking into my heart.


Agh... God keeps on ripping my heart. When I close my eyes and think about it I get this picture of a heart that's being clawed at, peeling back layers. Remember Eustance, in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader? Remember when Aslan had to peel off the layers of his dragon skin by using his lion claws, and it was so painful, until finally the last layer was gone and all that was left was naked, humble Eustance...? That's me!

I've just come home from the children's program in Quezon city. I still have to process what I really saw there. Picture the island you sometimes see between different directions of traffic. You know, that little space in between, it sometimes has grass growing or trees in it? Picture instead rows of tents, as far as you can see stretching down that skinny island space. Picture children sleeping out in the open there, just laying in between lanes of traffic. They truly have noting. They don't even have enough to pay the minuscule rent to live in a squatter village. Just small children... please imagine. They are 5, 6, and younger. One of them just lost his mother, she was hit by a car and killed- right there where they all live. They're so small. My heart grieves for the little girls. How safe could they be? The literally live ON the road, and who's keeping watch over them with all the people around? Lord, please keep those children safe from harm... pray for them. That's all I can say right now. Thanks for praying.

Ange.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs. Praying for you my friend. ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete