Sunday, June 12, 2011

stuck in bed.

yes, I am stuck in bed. So why not take this opportunity to write a little catch up post? It's not even so much gross, as it is truly impressive the amount of phlegm I'm coughing up these days! Just where does it come from, I'd like to know? I'm like an endless pit of mucus, every day I could fill a cup! (Nasty enough?) Like I said, I'm stuck in bed, so I'll attempt to gain some entertainment from the thought of you cringing and imagining the expression on your face as you read.

Lisa and I had planned to go to a large, wonderful market called Greenhills today (Lisa is the 19 year old daughter of Pastor Ding and Ate Mona), but Mona advised that I not go. I've had this awful cough for 4 days now and recently with the addition of diarrhea and a fever, I haven't been feeling so hot. I tried to make it but I'm too dizzy even to walk around the church so it's a no-go.

I was up at 7 this morning for the parents orientation. We went through the school handbook and discussed boring school things, but I saw some of the students I'll be teaching which makes me so excited. I was also introduced to the parents so now they'll know who the crazy white girl teaching their kids how to read is. The church offers schooling for preschool and grades 1 through 3. There are ten grade three students enrolled, and everything I've heard suggests that they're a really good group.

Yesterday was cool, after church I went home with the Teodoro's (the pastor and his family) and had lunch with them :) Their dog, who bites everyone and is usually very protective and mean actually let me pet him! Lunch was great and then I went back to the church to hang out with a couple of the girls. We got some Sprite and borrowed a movie and watched in my room with the fan on. It would have been really good, quality bonding time if the movie selection had been a bit better. One of the girls picked Scary Movie, and I knew it would be crude, but I did NOT remember it being as bad as it was! We were laughing of course, but I don't think we'll watch it again haha. This is an extremely modest culture so Scary Movie was rather shocking...

I tried turning the air-con on for half an hour to cool down my room, which was glorious, but as soon as I turned it off it went right back to being hot, hot, hot. I'm sucking back gatorade and trying to work up an appetite but so far, wala pa. With the humidity it's a cool 44 degrees. Not all that great when you already have a fever!! Anyway... sleep well, Canada, God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment