Thursday, January 14, 2010

loving the philippino sun!

I may come home both a shopaholic and obese. The clothes and shoes are so inexpensive, and the food is incredible! Fresh pastries in the morning, just one minute's walk away.

We played gym games with the kids this morning, it was so much fun. We tried to lead "what time is it mister wolf?" and it was... somewhat a success. Haha. The kids (preschool and grade one) speak pretty good english, especially the older ones. But they just got so excited that our efforts to explain the game were practically useless lol. Still, it was a really fun time. The little girls are so precious, I especially love one little shy girl. She looks like she's 4 or 5, she's so small. I just love her to bits and carried her around for a while this morning. She would run in to play a game for 30 seconds but then she'd get scared and run off to the side haha. So I enjoyed holding her.

We also took a jeepney to a mall in Taytay. It was really big! I bought a few shirts and a pair of sandals. Apparently it's not a great idea to walk around on the streets wearing tank tops (even with thick straps) so it looks like I'll be wearing t shirts when I leave the church. Now all I need are some fake oakles to protect my eyes and a couple long skirts. As a team we got two cell phones so we can keep in contact, and also to call home now and then. I bought a calling card- 50 minutes for 100 peso's, which is a really, really good deal. Everything seems to be easy to get to so I'm not too concerned if I should need something. Time's up on the computer, love you all!

magadang gabi!

love ang

No comments:

Post a Comment