Monday, August 15, 2011

Though the seasons may change, Your love remains.


It rained this sunday morning.

I don't know what it is, or when it really started... but somehow, God will bring rain when he knows I need it, to remind me that he loves me. It's really something special, so if it doesn't make sense to other people, I get it! But for me, it's profound. It happened most recently in September, just after my Grampa died. I was about to start my first youth group as a leader, but I was early to the church and didn't really feel comfortable hanging around there, so I went for a walk to the MacDonalds to buy a coffee. On my way back to the church, it started to rain. It wasn't pouring, but it was more than a drizzle. I lit up inside. I was beaming! I feel a glowing inside, and this warmth, and I know that He's there. I can't explain it any more than that.

I think the first time it really happened was here in the Philippines, on May 12, 2010. It was the day my team was leaving, and there were tons of thoughts and feelings going on inside me. I was sad to be leaving this place, and all the special friends I had made. I was remembering all the best moments, and all the worse moments. I prayed to God, "let it rain on our last day here." We had only experienced rain once in our whole 4 months living here, and I wanted to see the rain so bad. God knows I love the rain. So as we walked down Sunset Drive, saying our final goodbyes, low and behold- it started to rain. Ha! I could hardly believe it! I told everyone, "God made it rain!! He made it rain for me!!!" Of course, no one could understand why that would make me so excited, but it doesn't matter! I know, I know that it was God doing something special, just for me. That's how much he loves me.


This sunday as I sat in the church, I listened to the band warm up. There was no one yet sitting in the chairs, just the musicians on the stage and me sitting at the back. I don't remember what song they were practicing when it started, but all of a sudden I heard from outside the sound of rain falling on the roof. I got up, and walked to the doors. I leaned against a wooden post just outside the church, and as I heard the band begin to play "Falling In Love", I smiled, and closed my eyes, and decided to soak up that moment for everything that it was. The words of the song say, "I keep falling in love with you Lord. Every beat of my heart, breath that I take." But in that moment, I knew beyond a doubt that it was God who was telling of his love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment