Friday, June 3, 2011

Fire victims of Gruar



Yesterday we went into a basketball court to visit with around two hundred people who have nowhere else to live right now. A fire broke out in their squatter village a month ago and took what little they owned. It happens to be the same squatter we do a program in on thursdays. One of the Danish girls provided me this picture that you see above, of a woman and her bed. (Her baby is sleeping next to her on that pillow.) Since the Danish are still with us they did some more dancing for the kids, which they loved! They also did a few drama's, and then Pastor Ding whipped out this awesome, passionate sermon, which I didn't understand at all haha, but definitely got the idea. When Pastor Ding gets fired up it's impossible to ignore him. What a champ! 30 or 40 people raised their hands to accept the Lord following his message, praise God! I pray that they aren't satisfied with just being saved, but that they have a hunger for more- for a relationship with God daily


Today was SUPERKIDS Saturday!!! One of my favourite days of the week :D I sat with some of the same kids that I used to sit with last year- Nicole, and Renz, Jean Paul, David, and of course tons came to sit on/with me whose names I don't know yet. It was so fun!!! Shouting out prayers and bible verses, playing games, singing songs, watching a special dance by a few of the kids... it's all awesome. Then our feeding portion of the day commenced, which of course is organized, efficient, and loooong haha. It takes a long time to feed 450 kids! I wish I could explain every part so you could understand how complex it is! But maybe it's just something you have to see. It always feels crazy and overwhelming but in the end, we get all the kids fed and they leave with full bellies and hopefully smiles! It was so much fun, felt so great.


I'm pumped for tomorrow- church and youth group. I feel so much love here. I love these kids, and take ownership in a way. i know them, they know me, I want to look out for them and make sure they are okay. Well, better than okay.


Angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment